MASSOPERA LA TRAVIATA: SHADES OF VIOLETTA ENSEMBLE AUDITIONS WILL BE ADMINISTERED VIA ONLINE SUBMISSION, 5/28/2021 to 6/14/2021. SUBMIT YOUR MATERIALS AND WE WILL REVIEW!
In an attempt to be flexible, responsive, and economically savvy, MassOpera is hosting Ensemble Auditions for La Traviata: Shades of Violetta. We say ensemble auditions, because individuals who are cast will be performing choral parts as well as comprimario roles. We are looking for mezzo-sopranos, tenors, baritones, and bass-baritones. Details are below!
All auditions for the 2020/2021 Season will be done via video submission, with no cost to the singer to submit. Please record a video audition of two selections: one must be an opera aria, and each piece needs to be in a different language. The second piece can be an aria, art song, or musical theatre piece. Please read below for further details and how to apply:
WHEN & WHERE
Auditions for La Traviata: Shades of Violetta Ensemble will be done via video-submission. Details below:
Audition Submissions Open May 28th 2021 @ 7:00 AM
Audition Submissions Closes June 14th 2021 @ 11:59 PM
You will fill out the online Audition Registration Form at the bottom of this web page
Auditions are open to all classical singers. MassOpera gives equal opportunity to all artists and welcomes and encourages people of any race, color, age, gender identity or expression, ability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, ancestry, nationality or ethnicity, geographical origin, immigration status, socio-economic status, and/or veteran status.
WHAT TO INCLUDE WITH YOUR ONLINE AUDITION SUBMISSION
Please prepare the following vocal selections:
* One opera aria
* Your two vocal submissions must be in two different languages
* In addition to an aria, singers can submit an art song or musical theatre piece
Recording/submission guidelines for videos:
* You can use a backing track, live pianist (please be safe!) or sing a cappella. The accompaniment (or lack thereof) will have no bearing on how we choose singers for the season
* Please introduce yourself and your piece at the beginning of each video
* Wear something comfortable that you feel great in
* Be sure you are not backlit and that we can see you well from at least the waist up
* Do a sound check to make sure you do not peak the mic or distort
* Please upload your videos to youtube, unlisted, and include as links in the registration form below
Please be sure to upload the following documentation (please note the preferred file formats):
* Recent digital headshot (jpg or png)
* Updated digital résumé (pdf or word)
There is NO audition fee, and no need to spend a lot of money making these recordings. Do the best you can with what you have and sing pieces you love.