MassOpera is hosting auditions for both the Vocal Competition for Emerging Artists AND La Traviata simultaneously on Friday, March March 27th; Saturday, March 28th; and Sunday March 29th. See below for more details:
WHEN & WHERE
Auditions for The Vocal Competition for Emerging Artists AND
La Traviata will be done in-person in Boston. Details below:
Chase Young Gallery
450 Harrison Avenue, Boston, MA 02118
Preliminary Round Auditions
Friday, March 27th | 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Saturday, March 28th | 5:00 PM to 10:00 PM
Sunday, March 29th | 10:00 AM to 3:00 PM
Final Round Concert for the Vocal Competition
Sunday, March 29th | 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Fall 2020 at The Boston Center for the Arts
Auditions are open to all classical singers. MassOpera gives equal opportunity to all artists and welcomes and encourages people of any race, color, age, gender identity or expression, ability, ethnicity, sexual orientation, religion, creed, ancestry, nationality or ethnicity, geographical origin, immigration status, socio-economic status, and veteran status.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED FOR YOUR AUDITION
For Vocal Competition for Emerging Artist Auditions please prepare:
* Four arias in three total languages, including English and Italian
For La Traviata Auditions please prepare:
* Two arias, one of which must be in Italian (preferably from the Bel Canto repertoire)
For both Vocal Competition & La Traviata Auditions please prepare:
* Four arias in three total languages, including English and Italian, with ideally one aria from the Bel Canto repertoire
Please also bring with you for either audition (or both):
* A repertoire list for the audition that lists the length of each piece
* A hard-copy of your headshot and résumé
For the Vocal Competition for Emerging Artists the Audition Fee is $45, and must be paid in advance.
For La Traviata the audition fee is $12, and must be paid in advance.
The combined audition fee for both the Vocal Competition and La Traviata is $45, and must be paid in advance
VOCAL COMPETITION DETAILS
- You must be available for both a preliminary round audition and the Final Round Concert
- The Final Round Concert will be Sunday, March 29th at the Chase Young Gallery in Boston starting at 6 PM
- We do NOT provide housing. You will need to find accommodation if you are traveling from out of state
- Please arrive 15 minutes before your time. There will unfortunately not be warm up space available, so please come warmed up
Singers should bring a repertoire list for the audition THAT LISTS THE LENGTH OF EACH PIECE as well as a hard copy of their headshot and résumé
MassOpera cultivates experiences for artists and audiences that challenge the status quo and reflect our diverse community. MassOpera is committed to diversity in all aspects of our organization.
ROLES FOR LA TRAVIATA
TO RESERVE AN AUDITION
Please fill out the embedded application below.